Sunday, March 2, 2008

Google Applications

My license for the Microsoft suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint expired a couple months ago. Being an entrepreneur, I don't have the largest budget in the world. Instead of spending the $300-$600 for a new license, I decided to find other options for my business needs.

I kept hearing a lot about Google this and Google that... so I figured there was something to the hullabaloo. I started slow. It all started with Google Analytics.
Next was Gtalk. Then I progressed, with quite a bit of resistance to Gmail, taking the place of Outlook. Then to Google Docs, which have replaced my need for Power Point, Excel, and Word. Very importantly Google Calendar. This calendar allows you to view, with permission, other peoples calendars... for instance, if you have the need to coordinate meetings with others on your team, you can have them grant you access to their calendar, and it puts their schedule on your calendar along with your appointments!

I blog using Googles Blogger. I have added the live chat/help to my blog so you can see when I am available to chat... Since I have recently purchased my Moto Q, I have learned that Google offers mobile device applications.

If you are looking for ways to streamline your business, or even personal processes, give these applications a shot. They are free, and very easy to use. I hope this information helps! If so, let me know!

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Pdub said...

I love Google including every application you mentioned. But for others that don't want or trust Internet applications, they should check out Open Office. It's a perfect replacement for the Microsoft Office Suite (some claim even better) and the only cost is the 5 minutes it takes you to download and install it.

Nicki Laycoax said...

Thank you for your comment! I have used Open Office, and I only like and use the Word portion of it... Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't even think about mentioning it on my Google rant..