Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Resilience

Writing on a personal note today-

I have developed a friendship with a very great man over the last 8 months or so. He is a man that is 4 years younger than me, but yet, a man that I look up to very much. Last night after a business conference call, a conference call that consisted of this man and my team -a call that included a statement made by him that generated instant, and beautiful credibility and respect from my team- he and I followed up with an IM conversation.

I began the conversation by thanking him for what he said about me... I can't quote him verbatim, but in short he said that he didn't have to be sold by my team of developers, and their talent. He said that he trusts me and that if I am in it, that that is all he needs to move forward with the deal at hand. Someone that I have looked up to for 8 months now feels the same way about me? Wow!

So after I finished thanking him, and reiterating that I feel the same about him, he shared with me what I do for him. He then proceeds to tell me that seeing my resilience is what keeps him going everyday. My resilience? I thought that I knew what resilience meant, but I looked it up to be sure. Wow again. I got chills after reading the definition of exactly what it meant. Someone sees in me what I experience everyday? Here are the definitions:

1 : the capability of a strained body to recover its size and shape after deformation caused especially by compressive stress
2 : an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change

I am very lucky to have him as a friend. Everyone of my friends, to this date, have made me feel something great at some point, but this just tops all. So thank you Jim, for recognizing a strength of mine that I have never been able to put a label on. And thank you for all that you have helped me with; business advice, personal advice, locating Hannah Montana tickets.. :) You are one of a kind!

Friends are so very important, and when you find one that you know you were meant to find, make sure you hang onto them. You never know when you will touch someone the way I was touched last night.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: