Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's 7:15 a.m.-Social Media=Nicki's News Feed

I fell asleep on last night on my living room floor with my laptop in front of me while trying to find the perfect font for a logo that we are doing for a new client, working on videos for an almost complete project, and generating some potential business from a new follower that I have on Twitter that is from Chicago. By the way, if after all my raves about Twitter, you still haven't checked it out, it's not too late!

I woke up to my Meatloaf-"I Would Do Anything For Love" alarm at 6:30 a.m. to make sure my oldest was up and at 'em. She was. I helped her fix her hair, then it was back downstairs to see what exactly I left off on last night before I dozed off.

-Check email. My Smaller Indiana folder had one message. Kelly Thrasher had replied to the latest Seth Godin forum discussion-"Anyone interested in meeting Seth Godin?!" Smaller Indiana is trying to get one of the best selling authors of marketing books to Indy!

-Check Twitter- I use Twitter as my news feed. Some things that I was led to from Twitter.
*5 Best Places to Travel in a Recession
*Wells Fargo is the first bank to use social media.
*Even though Obama stopped Tweeting, the amount of followers he is getting is increasing since the election.
*The new Indianapolis Airport ROCKS!
*MSNBC has an exclusive web-only interview with Sarah Palin.


Even if you don't have time to participate all the time, just taking the time to briefly visit a few different social media venues can provide you with a view on current info that you probably won't get from watching the 6:00 news. Try it! It's news you control.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

designHER Momma said...

twitter is my go-to place as of lately...wait, that's where I found you!

Nicki Laycoax said...

That's right! That's where I've been finding most folks these days. It's amazing!